Introduction to Tables and Filters in Excel
Table and Filters in Excel are incredibly useful tools
5 Reasons to use Tables and filters in Excel
- Quick totals – it is easy to turn both on and off the totals feature of tables. But if you need to get totals quickly, convert you data into a table and the totals will be calculated for you
- Quick formatting – Excel table functions offer predefined formats in the Table Styles gallery. This allows you to quickly format your data.
- Simple to sort and filter – Excels table function automatically puts filters onto the tables. This gives you the ability to quickly sort and select data you need.
- Automatic formula fill down – When you use a table in Excel and add a new row for data entry, any formulas in the above rows can be set to automatically fill down.
- Dynamic Charts – If you create a chart based on a table, the chart will update with the new data which you have added to the table
In this video, you will learn how to set up a Table in Excel. How to navigate a table. Naming Table and Using F5 to locate tables and formatting your table. You will also learn about filters, an automatic feature of tables that you can apply to any data set.
Understanding Tables and filters is important as you advance in Excel. Especially now that Excel has such powerful data analysis features. You can quickly add a table of data created in Excel to the data model features.